Athletes with impairments have the right to request the modification to the sample collection process in accordance with the ISTI.
Modification to the sample collection process for athletes with visual impairment
- Athletes are required to accompany an athlete’s representative when collecting samples and doing paperwork.
- If an athlete requests, their representative is able to become the second witness to Testing.
- An athlete representative is required to read loudly the Doping Control form to the athlete
- A required document can be written by athletes’ representative if the athlete requests and they can sign it together.
- Athletes may be assisted by a representative when dividing the sample if necessary and they can ask a DCO for assistance upon the athlete’s requests.
- During the out-of-Competition, DCO shall not enter the personal property once they arrive if no one appeared to be there.
Modification to the sample collection process for Athletes with physical or sensorial impairment
- Athletes may be assisted by a representative or Sample Collection Personnel during the sample collection session if the athlete or a DCO agrees.
- Alternative Sample Collection Equipment will be used depending on the type of the impairment.
- Athletes are allowed to use their own urine collection or drainage systems.
- Athletes’ representative is able to do instead if an athlete is unable to sign.
Modification of the Testing process for Athletes with intellectual impairment
- Modification to the sample collection process for Athletes with intellectual impairment